Businesses that use APIs to connect their day-to-day systems can quickly create and support new experiences and solutions for their clients, employees, and partners. However, delivering and integrating APIs takes an incredible amount of expertise and stamina. According to an article in the Tech Republic, many businesses say they expect APIs to improve client experiences and speed up innovation. “One barrier to this collaboration is that 86% of respondents do not have a single platform for accessing available APIs.”
API (application programming interface) is a set of tools, definitions, and protocols for integrating application software and services.
Average cost and time businesses spend working on APIs
Based on a 2021 State of API Report developed by Postman, the integration ecosystem is growing globally and developers are spending more time and money on developing APIs. According to the report, 49% of respondents said that more than half of the organization's development effort is spent on APIs—compare that to just over 40% last year.
“When it comes to the amount of time developers are spending with APIs, we saw some shifts this year. In 2021, 39% of respondents spent 10-20 hours per week working with APIs, compared to 36% in 2020; 28% of respondents in this year’s survey spent 20 or more hours per week working with APIs, compared to just shy of 25% in 2020.” - 2021 State of API Report.
Not all businesses and agencies have in-house developers readily available to work on APIs and connecting various systems, leading home care agencies to outsource the development, which increases overall costs.
Some of the other main obstacles to producing and leveraging APIs reported were:
- Lack of time – 45%
- Complexity – 38%
- Lack of knowledge – 34%
- Lack of people – 34%
What's the solution? A single platform for accessing available APIs
Currently, there is not one single home care software platform that allows users to easily integrate external systems through APIs without the need to code or hire developers to implement...until now.
We are pleased to announce AlayaCare Connector, our newest premium feature in AlayaCare Cloud that will allow users to easily integrate external systems through our open API. With this feature enabled, you can start automating your business even further by not only connecting any of your day-to-day systems with AlayaCare, but also streamlining workflows within AlayaCare.
No more getting stuck in siloed software platforms!
AlayaCare Connector is a new feature where care-providers can:
- Reduce manual processes in AlayaCare with automated workflows
- Integrate external applications with open APIs to streamline data between systems
Automate any workflow in your business
Users can now tackle simple and complex workflows without losing efficiency. Use the AlayaCare Connector to streamline the flow of data and reduce manual data entry on processes such as client intake, employee onboarding, form submission, and so much more.
Some examples of automation that have already been built by care-providers using AlayaCare Connector:
- Covid Vaccine Automation: Requests vaccine information to caregivers which automatically gets translated into a form/file attachment/skill to be activated.
- Applicant Tracking Systems: Create external forms for potential prospects to apply to work at your agency/company, that can automatically translate into a client profile.
- Role Switch: Large agencies have the need to enable certain permissions on a nightly basis to enable selected caregivers to perform certain duties at night. The roles need to be switched back in the morning. The automated process does it for you, saving hundreds of hours and mistakes.
- Visit Cancellation SMS Notification: Notify Caregivers via text message that a visit was canceled.
Connect any app or API to AlayaCare
Through a simple drag and drop visual builder, AlayaCare Connector allows users to visualize, design and integrate AlayaCare with hundreds of apps in minutes.
Agencies can now focus on their day-to-day operations rather than writing code or paying external consultants to build integrations for them.
Just a few examples of external systems compatible with AlayaCare Connector:
- HRS systems
- And more...
What are the benefits of AlayaCare Connector?
- The feature is easy to use with low/no code middleware that can be managed by someone internally with some training
- To build integrations currently, agencies typically need to have internal resources who know how to code or hire an external consultant at significant expense.
- Reduces manual work effort for caregiver agencies
- Allows caregivers more flexibility with how to use the AlayaCare platform
If you’re interested in learning more about AlayaCare Connector, watch the demo video below:
Your feedback helps us continually improve our product and meet the evolving needs of our users. So, if you have additional product feedback, we want to hear from you! Visit the AlayaCare Ideas Forum to share your thoughts and suggestions on how we can improve our software to better serve your needs.