Taking medications as prescribed is one of the most important aspects of health recovery and better outcomes. Registered nurses and licensed nurses in skilled nursing agencies help ensure that patients are taking the correct medication and dosage at home, at the correct time, and in accordance with the physician’s orders. This includes inputting accurate and consistent medication data and establishing reminders to keep patients on track. Now more than ever, home-based care agencies need robust and user-friendly solutions to navigate the complexities of medication management. That’s where AlayaCare’s new updated features come into play.
Introducing AlayaCare’s Medication Module enhancements and the new Medication Database feature on the AlayaCare Cloud Software platform. Designed with the needs of both home care and home health organizations in mind, this updated feature addresses industry pain points with tailored solutions.
Here are three benefits users can expect from using medication management:
1. A boost in productivity by simplifying medication workflows
Whether you’re looking to scale your private home-based care business, enhance your clinical performance, and gain employee efficiencies in public health, integrated medication management is vital.
The tedious task of entering each medication from scratch can be time-consuming, and there’s a growing need for centralized medication documentation for compliance and reporting purposes. But with Medication, you can:
- Quickly create medication reports on medication profiles and fill out necessary forms to meet Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) guidelines, thanks to enhanced reporting features.
- Create a custom library that allows you to enter, store, and retrieve medication data faster.
2. Better patient outcomes with reduced risk of medication errors
Industry pain points like tedious flows leading to fatal mistakes and lack of visibility around time-sensitive medications can be daunting but easily avoidable. Medication management reduces the risk of medication errors through simplified workflows for the administration team and nurses during their shifts.
For example, the medication management has:
- Easy navigation: Immediately find the most crucial details in the medication profile.
- Quick medication sorting: Know which medicine to give first during a shift easily.
- All-in-one medication interaction checks: Review how a patient’s medicines interact in one step.
- Note that this is a function of our Medication Database feature, which is U.S. only.
- Powerful patient reporting with updated Data Exploration: Understand your population’s health in-depth.
Take a look at our new Medication Database feature (U.S. only)
3. Better satisfaction among nurses with an easier and more efficient tool
At AlayaCare, we are dedicated to helping nurses focus on what they enjoy – forming connections. That’s why our medication module is designed to be easy to use and customizable, boosting the assurance and productivity of care teams.
Say goodbye to issues like a lack of centralized medication records in patient profiles and misunderstanding the medication plan. With our medication management solution, you can:
- Import your own medication library with commonly prescribed medications.
- Work smarter with personalized workflows using External APIs.
- Adjust labels to fit your rules and processes: Shorten or change labels to suit agencies in different locations.
Take the first step towards a more efficient, safer, and satisfying home-based care experience.
AlayaCare’s Medication Module is more than just a software feature. It’s a commitment to improving the home care industry through efficient software training. Join us in this revolution and experience firsthand how streamlined medication management can transform your agency.
Contact us today to learn more about AlayaCare’s Medication Module.
The post 3 benefits of integrated medication management systems for home-based care appeared first on AlayaCare.